Dear Bruce,

thank you for your fast and helpful response.

I have read in some papers (e.g. paper1
<https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&q=Validation+of+hippocampal+volumes+measured+using+a+manual+method+and+two+automated+methods+%28FreeSurfer+and+IBASPM%29+in+chronic+major+depressive+disorder&btnG=&as_sdt=1%2C5&as_sdtp=>
,paper2
<https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=Evaluation+of+Hippocampal+Volume+Based+on+Various+Inversion+Time+in+Normal+Adults+by+Manual+Tracing+and+Automated+Segmentation+Methods&btnG=&hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5>)
that FreeSurfer overestimates hippocampus volume a little  compared to the
manual segmentation. I know this is to be expected, but I wanted to see if
there are some parameters that I can work with to reduce this problem as
much as possible.can I access to probabilities which computed for
subcortical segmentation  from training data  in FreeSurfer ?

Sincerely,
Nazanin