Hi everyone,

I processed and edited 300 participants for our study using Freesurfer 5.3
and I'd like to move to using the dev version that's currently available
because we have a bunch more data that's been collected and I think it does
a better job. (This question also applies to moving to v 6 when it is
released).

If I run the dev version of recon-all and then copy over the control points
and wm.mgz files that we edited in the original run, and run recon-all with
the "-autorecon2-cp -autorecon3" flags will that be a very good
approximation for the edits we conducted? Or does this "shortcut" not do
what I think it does?

Does anyone have any experience moving from one version of freesurfer to
another without having to start from square one with the edits?

Thank you again for the fantastic tools!

Kx

--
Kirstie Whitaker, PhD
Research Associate