Dear FreeSurfer Developers and Community,

I have been trying to run some commands using the -qdec-long flag (I.e.
asegstats2table & mris_preproc) but am encountering errors. In the past I have
used .rtf files to read in my data using the -fsgd flag but am unsure of how to
go about this with longitudinal data, therefore I am using the qdec.dat file
structure.

I believe something must be wrong with the format of my qdec file. I'm working
on MacOSx 10.9.3. I created the qdec in text editor and changed the suffix to
.dat under get info (1). I also created one in gedit and saved it using a .dat
suffix (2). See these qdec files attached.

I receive the following errors:

asegstats2table --qdec-long long.qdec.table.dat -t ./outdir/aseg.long.table

SUBJECTS_DIR : /Users/dandrews/Data/MIAMRC/MIAMRC_SPGR_FS

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/Applications/freesurfer/bin/asegstats2table", line 514, in <module>

    subj_listoftuples = assemble_inputs(options)

  File "/Applications/freesurfer/bin/asegstats2table", line 320, in
assemble_inputs

    for row in reader:

  File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/csv.py",
 line 103, in next

    self.fieldnames

  File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/csv.py",
 line 90, in fieldnames

    self._fieldnames = self.reader.next()

_csv.Error: new-line character seen in unquoted field - do you need to open the
file in universal-newline mode?

And

mris_preproc --qdec-long long.qdec.table.dat --target fsaverage --hemi -lh
--meas thickness --out lh.thickness.mgh

ERROR: no subjects specified

I imagine something silly with the qdec file must be going on. Any advice would
be very appreciated.

Best, Derek

________________________________

Derek Sayre Andrews, MSc
PhD Candidate

The Sackler Institute for Translational Neurodevelopment

Department of Forensic and Neurodevelopmental Sciences

Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience, King's College London

Telephone: +44 (0)20 7848 5701
Email: derek.andr...@kcl.ac.uk

fsid    fsid-base       years
0008Y1  0008    0