The -log10(p) is signed by the sign of the contrast, so to get back to the p value you must compute 10^-abs(sig).

On 7/26/16 10:42 AM, Caroline Beelen wrote:

Dear FS team,

I tried to run GLM-analysis using aparc stats files. At first I created these files for a few subjects of interest (e.g. aparc_rh_thickness_stats.txt) and checked whether they looked ok, which they did (values were pretty similar). Then I used the following command (for example):

Mri_glmfit

-- table aparc_rh_thickness_stats.txt

-- fsgd gender_dys.fsgd (see attached; example of a fsgd-file)

-- C Int.mtx

-- C Dys.mtx

-- C Gender.mtx

-- glmdir roi.gender_dyslect.rh.thickness.glmdir

The file was created and it contained a sig.table.dat folder. However, the values in this folder are all quite low. According to information found on your website they should correspond to (-)log10(p) values. I found mainly values between -1 and 1, but even of -0.03, which would correspond to a p-value of 1.5 (non-existing). Could you please explain to me what I did wrong?

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,

Caroline