Hi JohnMark

lots of things change between versions and it is not possible to go back unless you just run the old version

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017, Taylor, Johnmark wrote:

Hello,
Recently, I re-ran recon-all with Freesurfer version 5 on some subjects
whose surfaces had previously been reconstructed with Freesurfer version 4.
As a result, it appears that their surface reconstructions have subtly
changed, such that the labels that were specified in the old reconstruction
are all messed up in the new reconstruction (since the surfaces that they
were once associated with have changed). Did recon-all change between
Freesurfer versions, and if so, is there a way to go back to the old
algorithm short of simply switching back to Freesurfer version 4? It is
possible that I have accidentally changed something else and that's why the
surface files are different, but I wanted to see if there were any changes
in the reconstruction algorithm between versions that might have caused
this.

Thank you very much,

JohnMark Taylor