Hello,
We have been trying to analyze some longitudinal structural data using the
FreeSurfer Mixed Effects Model toolbox and have been running into some
issues.

We have 2-3 timepoints per individual imaged across adolescence and 3
groups of interest. We set up a design matrix  to examine potential
quadratic effects of age by group including factors for:
1. Intercept
2. time
3. time ^2
4. Group 1 vs. others
5. Group 1 x time
6. Group 1 x time ^2
7. Group 2 vs. others
8. Group 2 x time
9. Group 2 x time ^2
10. age at baseline
11. sex

We started a model to examine thickness, testing out the first model below
[lhTh0,lhRe] = lme_mass_fit_EMinit(X,[1 2 3],Y,ni,lhcortex);

Then, we have been getting stuck at
[lhRgs,lhRgMeans] = lme_mass_RgGrow(lhsphere,lhRe,lhTh0,lhcortex,2,95);

This starts the segmentation into homogeneous region but seems to get stuck
after displaying "Computing seeds..."

Is there a way to diagnose or fix this problem? Any thoughts would be
great, thanks!