Dear Doug/Bruce,
I appreciate any insights on this.
Thank you,
Ashely

------------------------------------

I am new to FreeSurfer and I apologize in advance if my questions are too
naiive.

My main goal is to keep everything in the native space. Also, I am looking
for percent signal change in selected ROIs.

First, I ran recon-all command. Then, I preprocessed the functional data in
native space. The command that I ran was:

preproc-sess -s sess01 -fsd bold -stc odd -surface self lhrh -mni305 -fwhm
5 -per-session -force

Then, I configured my analyses and contrasts in each hemisphere, as well as
the volume.

Finally, I ran the analyses for each hemispheres and the volume. I ran this
command:

selxavg3-sess -s sess01 -analysis ffa.native.rh

Lastly, I visualized the results by running these commands:

tksurfer-sess -s sess01 -hemi rh -analysis ffa.native.rh -c faces-vs-bodies
-self

tkmedit-sess -s sess01 -analysis ffa.native.mni -c faces-vs-bodies -self

So far, I think I have done everything correctly. I am seeing the
activation ROIs where I am supposed to.

Now, I would like to be able to select these ROIs/clusters, take their
voxel coordinates/numbers and create a mask. (These are my localizer nii
files.) Then, use this mask on the main experiment (non localizer) nii
files and get the percent signal change in those selected voxels. Is this
possible?

I have found this tutorial https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/
CreatingROIs but unfortunately I am not following it. I don't see these
options in tksurfer.

Also is it possible to create an ROI on the surface?

I appreciate any help.

Thank you so much

Ashley Cole