Hi Sudeshna

according to our local neuranatomical expert:

 it is probably ventral claustrum (ventral claustrum stretches in to
the temporal lobe ,especially at the anteriorly (slightly anterior to
amygdala).

so this region is not cortex and you shouldn't worry about the surfaces there.

As for the "tagging", I'm not sure what you mean. Sometimes this can appear to happen when a surface is almost parallel to the viewing plane, so it crosses it many times in a short region of space. Does that explain what you are seeing?