External Email - Use Caution

Hello,
We are finishing up manual inspection and editing of our dataset. As part
of this process, we used QATools to generate QA reports. While we were
running our reports the tmp/control.dat file was deleted from many of our
subject directories (the brains had already been recon'd, so the corrected
surfaces were not affected). The timing certainly suggests these were
related, but we have no way of knowing if something else unrelated to
QAtools happened that caused these files to be deleted. So two questions:

1) Has anyone else had an experience with QAtools where the control.dat
file was deleted, or have any insight about why this could have happened?
2) Is the data in control.dat stored anywhere else? For example, can it be
recovered from mri/ctrl_pts.mgz? We are mostly fine, but a few brains will
need to have control points re-applied.

Something of a shot in the dark, but we would love any suggestions. Thanks,
   -Matt

Version: freesurfer-Linux-centos6_x86_64-stable-pub-v5.3.0
uname -a: Linux vmpfc 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.39-1+deb8u2
(2017-03-07) x86_64 GNU/Linux

--
Matthew Peverill
mrpever...@gmail.com (preferred)