How much did you smooth by? Is this thickness, area, or volume? Also, in
general, you should not be using dev since it is an uncontrolled
distribution (ie, there are many things in there that have not been
tested). Also, I'm encouraging people to use permutation rather than
monte-carlo-based correction.