External Email - Use Caution

Hi Douglas,

I have followed the suggested approach, however I get an error related to
the dimensions of the WM volume (see log trace below).

Found wm edits: 23448857 deletes, 783317 fills

>  cp wm.mgz wm.seg.mgz
>

>  mri_segment -keep -mprage brain.mgz wm.seg.mgz
>
> preserving editing changes in output volume...
> doing initial intensity segmentation...
> using local statistics to label ambiguous voxels...
> computing class statistics for intensity windows...
> WM (104.0): 105.4 +- 6.0 [79.0 --> 125.0]
> GM (69.0) : 67.0 +- 10.5 [30.0 --> 95.0]
> setting bottom of white matter range to 77.5
> setting top of gray matter range to 88.0
> doing initial intensity segmentation...
> using local statistics to label ambiguous voxels...
> using local geometry to label remaining ambiguous voxels...
>
> reclassifying voxels using Gaussian border classifier...
>
> removing voxels with positive offset direction...
> smoothing T1 volume with sigma = 0.250
> removing 1-dimensional structures...
> thickening thin strands....
> 20 segments, 7509 filled
> 8232 bright non-wm voxels segmented.
> 8121 diagonally connected voxels added...
> white matter segmentation took 2.7 minutes
> writing output to wm.seg.mgz...
> *ERROR: mri_segment-MRIcheckVolDims: volume1 width=240 != volume2
> width=320.*

My WM segmentations (as well as the T1w images) are 320 rows x 320 columns
in 240 frames. Seems like FreeSurfer expects them to be cubic, correct?
Would that fix the problem if I add 80 frames of zeroes (or ones) to my
volumes? Any other ideas of what I might be doing wrong?

Regards,
Jordi