External Email - Use Caution

Hello together,

The FreeSurfer distribution takes  10G of the disk space in my local
installation. It has numerous tools, but it’s not modular, or at lest it’s very
hard to tell boundaries between modules.

E.g. /bin folder contains around 860 executables all in one place.

Is it possible to trim down the distribution provided to minimize the size but
keep it functional in terms of computation for  recon-all steps?
For example trim away all GUI executables and support libraries.

As far as I can see, the directories taking most of the space are:

2.2G     ./subjects
3.1G     ./average
2.5G     ./bin
1.3G     ./lib

But I am not sure what could be removed and what not in order to keep all
recon-all steps functional.

Many thanks,
Aleksandr.