External Email - Use Caution

Hello Victor,
If you used the 7.1.1 installer
package, https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/pub/dist/freesurfer/7.1.1/freesurfer-darwin-macOS-7.1.1.pkg,
 then it should have installed /Applications/freesurfer/7..1.1 for you.  I
believe the same is true for the 7.1.0 installer, i.e.,
/Applications/freesurfer/7.1.0, and similarly for the 7.0.0 installer.  We
set it up that way so the distributions would be separate.  This allows
people to switch among/compare the distributions by setting FRESURFER_HOME
differently, e.g.,
$ export FREESURFER_HOME=/Applications/freesurfer/7.1.1or$ export
FREESURFER_HOME=/Applications/freesurfer/7.1.0etc….. then source’ing the shell
setup script for either sh or csh, e.g., for sh$ source
$FREESURFER_HOME/SetUpFreeSurfer.sh
The installer packages create an uninstall script under each distribution,
e.g.,  /Applications/freesurfer/{7.1.1, 7..1.0, 7.0.0}/uninstall.sh.
 So if you wanted to start with a clean install you could try running the
uninstaller script(s), and then re-install using the .pkg files, e.g.,  to
run the 7.1.1 installer,

$ sudo /Applications/freesurfer/7.1.1/uninstall.sh
- R.
On Oct 8, 2020, at 18:13, Iglesias Gonzalez, Juan E.
<jiglesiasgonza...@mgh.harvard.edu> wrote:Hi Victor,I highly recommend
that you keep both installations separate.Cheers,/Eugenio  Juan
Eugenio IglesiasSenior research fellowCMIC (UCL), MGH (HMS) and CSAIL
(MIT)http://www.jeiglesias.com    From: <freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
 on behalf of "Zeng, Victor (BIDMC - Keshavan - Psychiatry)"
<vz...@bidmc.harvard.edu>Reply-To: Freesurfer support list
<freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>Date: Thursday, October 8, 2020 at
17:54To: Freesurfer support list
<freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>Subject: [Freesurfer] question about
mri_segment_hypothalamic_subunits ​Hi all,  I installed the most
recent dev version of FS7.1, and copied its files over the old FS7.1. I entered
sudo mri_segment_hypothalamic_subunits into xquartz, and receive an
error:  error: freesurfer has not properly been sourced I am
using mac os Catalina 10.15.6. How can I fix this? Victor ZengBeth Israel
Deaconess Medical CenterKeshavan Lab-- This message is intended for the
use of the person(s) to whom it may be addressed. It may contain information
that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure under
applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination,
distribution, copying, or use of this information is prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please permanently delete it and immediately
notify the sender. Thank