External Email - Use Caution

Hi Freesurfer Experts,
   I am designing some new hardware for a mini-cluster running Freesurfer
and other neuroimaging toolboxes and wanted to better understand
requirements from Freesurfer.

1) Is there a minimum amount of ram per core that is needed/recommended or
is the amount of ram only defined per subject.  Most of the threads I found
say you need a minimum of 4 GB ram but these were from a long time ago and
may not apply to the OPENMP code.  Our compute node will have between 52-64
cores so I wanted to know what is the ratio for Ram to CPU (multithreading
turned off) that is recommended as opposed to Ram per subject.

2) AMD vs Intel
We will run jobs on an existing cluster that has Dual Intel Xeon 6230R and
for our new minicluster we are debating between AMD and Intel.  While AMD
offers higher core-count per CPU, I am worried that results could
potentially differ based on the CPU/underlying libraries.  We plan on using
docker images so from your perspective do you have a recommendation ?

Best,
Ajay