External Email - Use Caution

Hello Sara,
You could try running bash shell and putting a copy of your license file as
license.txt in your home directory and then set the environment variable
FS_LICENSE to point to it, e.g.
$ bash$ cd $HOME… copy in your license file here as license.txt ...$ export
FS_LICENSE=$HOME/license.txt… make sure it is there …$ cat $FS_LICENSE… should
see contents of your license file ...

… then setup the freesurfer environment as usual …$ export
FREESURFER_HOME=/Applications/freesurfer/7.3.2$ source
$FREESURFER_HOME/SetUpFreesurfer.sh… output deleted …$ which
freeview/Applications/freesurfer/7.3.2/bin/freeview… see if you can just bring
up freeview displaying an empty window …$ freeview
There are various postings reporting that MacOS BigSur running on machines with
dual monitor settings have issues including when they wake up from the screen
saver or the machine has goner to sleep - as in the machine crashes.
Some reports recommend turning off the screensaver, and making sure the machine
energy saver settings are not set to put the machine to sleep.
- R.
On Aug 15, 2022, at 17:08, Addison, Reuben <raddi...@mghihp.edu>
wrote:Sara, do you have a double screen by any chance ?Reuben A.
 Get Outlook for iOSFrom: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
<freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> on behalf of Sara Sanchez-Alonso
<sanchez.alonso.s...@gmail.com>Sent: Monday, August 15, 2022 5:07:01
PMTo: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
<freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>Subject: [Freesurfer] Freeview quits
unexpectedly on macOS Big
Sur         External Email - Use
Caution        Hello,I have installed
Freesurfer 7.3.2 on macOS Big Sur, Version 11.6.8. The installation was
successful, but every time I need to open freeview, it quits unexpectedly.The
environment seems to be set up correctly and I have also downloaded my license
and copied it to the freesurfer directory. I tried downloading version
7.2.0 and I keep having the same issue.Any ideas as to why I am unable to open
freeview?Thanks,Sara_______________________________________________Freesurfer
mailing
listfreesur...@nmr.mgh.harvard.eduhttps://mail.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/mailman/listinfo/freesurfer​