External Email - Use Caution

These errors can happen when the remote machine is running Windows or Linux,
but it’s a known issue with some X servers that run on Windows.  When the
X windows (graphics/windowing) software trying to remotely display images
(which is not freeview) to a machine over the network cannot get the resources
it needs, rendering images can be incomplete and report various errors.
It could be something is going wrong with trying to remotely render graphics
using OpenGL.  You could try setting this to see if it makes a difference,
$ export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=0
If you have an IT department, they night be able to help troubleshoot a remote
connection.   It could be useful to know that freeview displays images
just fine when run directly on the machine you are remotely connecting to -
 just as you say it does on your own Mac.
- R.

On Oct 18, 2022, at 11:32, Wang, Ruopeng <rwa...@mgh.harvard.edu>
wrote:This appears to be a rendering artifact that happens sometimes with
remote display. Are you viewing remotely from a Windows machine?RuopengOn Oct
18, 2022, at 9:45 AM, Sarah Lavelle <lavel...@tcd.ie>
wrote:        External Email - Use
Caution        Dear Freesurfer,I have
an issue when viewing my reconstructed surfaces on Freeview my linux version
: freesurfer-linux-ubuntu18_x86_64-devfreesurfer 7-devThe surfaces have a
large number of empty voxels. This is not a problem with the recon-all
function as I can see the same surface file perfectly on my Mac with the fully
working mac version. It seems to be a problem with my Freeview.Some
additional information that may help finding the cause:When I open
Freeview from Ubuntu, I get the following errors:QStandardPaths:
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-lavells1'QXcbConnection:
XCB error: 170 (Unknown), sequence: 174, resource id: 90, major code: 146
(Unknown), minor code: 20QXcbConnection: XCB error: 170 (Unknown), sequence:
174, resource id: 90, major code: 146 (Unknown), minor code: 20There are no
other errors in ubuntu after I load Freeview i.e. No errors in Ubuntu when I
then load the surface.I hope you can help me fix this issue as soon
as possible. Many
thanks,Sarah<image.png><Empty_Voxels_PialSurface_CloseUp.PNG><Empty_Voxels_PialSurface.PNG>_______________________________________________Freesurfer
 mailing
listfreesur...@nmr.mgh.harvard.eduhttps://mail.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/mailman/listinfo/freesurfer_______________________________________________Freesurfer