You should not use either T1.mgz as that has been highly processed for other purposes. The brainmask has also been processed, skull stripped and bias correction. I have not looked at what has to happen to get the most correlation between the methods; they are different methods and are supposed to give different results (we hope that samseg is an improvement on the aseg). I recommend using the raw input when specifying recon.