External Email - Use Caution
Dear Freesurfer team,

I am having problems reading files with nifti-2 header, the error I get is something like
"error: No such file or directory; error: niiRead(): bad number of dimensions
(31488) in $file*". I get this error with any FS function (e.g., with mri_info
$file), so I cannot work with these files in FS at all. The original files were nifti-1
(and readable by FS) but after processing them in AFNI, they were converted to nifti-2
(and now FS cannot read them). I contacted the AFNI team and everything seems to be
alright with the files (AFNI functions can work with them and they can be displayed in
the AFNI viewer). Does FS have the requirement of files being nifti-1?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
Patricia

Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
52425 Jülich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir Stefan Müller
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Astrid Lambrecht (Vorsitzende),
Karsten Beneke (stellv. Vorsitzender), Dr. Ir. Pieter Jansens