Thanks Brian, I had started looking at this, and I think I was heading in the direction you describe - now I can pursue that with a bit more confidence!

So even if we do not originate the call, the last dialled extension would still be valid as it would be set up during the bridging process?
(I think I need another method to collect the UUID of the leg of the bridge that initiated the call - or just the UUID that is active for that extension)

Scott

Brian West wrote:
You would use a combination of storing the UUID... in the internal
db... see insert in the default dialplan... then a code to get that
out of the db... then run intercept on it using the value returned
from the db.  See default config's

Store it something like this:

<action application="db" data=""/>

Then use it something like this:

     <extension name="intercept-ext">
       <condition field="destination_number" _expression_="^\*\*(\d+)$">
         <action application="answer"/>
         <action application="intercept" data=""/>
         <action application="sleep" data=""/>
       </condition>
     </extension>

/b