Chris Parker wrote:
On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Apostolos Pantsiopoulos <r...@kinetix.gr <mailto:r...@kinetix.gr>> wrote:

    I am trying to implement a radius based solution
    using FS. I have seen that the mod_radius_cdr module
    is actively maintained. so I have a few questions/remarks :

    1) When I place a call and my radius server is down, the
    call blocks forever instead of just radius_timeout * radius_retries
    seconds (I have declared only one server). I would expect that
    FS would stop trying to send an Acc Start packet after some
    time and get on with the call.

I have not seen this behavior. If you can duplicate this, and propose a patch, it would be gladly welcomed.
I rebuilt and retried and the behavior persists.

The call progress freezes and I get the following in the log :

2009-01-22 20:48:32 [DEBUG] switch_core_state_machine.c:435 switch_core_session_run() (sofia/internal/9...@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) State ROUTING 2009-01-22 20:48:32 [DEBUG] mod_sofia.c:130 sofia_on_routing() sofia/internal/9...@xx.xxx.xxx.xxx SOFIA ROUTING 2009-01-22 20:48:32 [DEBUG] mod_radius_cdr.c:152 my_on_routing() [mod_radius_cdr] Entering my_on_routing

After I hangup the client and issue a shutdown in FS I get the following :

2009-01-22 20:50:50 [CRIT] sofia.c:794 sofia_profile_thread_run() Waiting for 1 session(s)

repeatedly and FS never exits.

    2) I have also noticed that FS sends only 1 packet (I waited for a
    minute)
    instead of 3 (default in the config) since the first (and second)
    attempt failed.
    If my server was up (the port was responding) but it returned a
    req. failed
    answer would the above time-out be valid?

I have not seen this behavior.
The same here after the rebuild.

    3) When I tried to load the dictionary.freeswitch to my freeradius
    server, it complained :

Don't do that. The dictionary is for use with the radiusclient library. FreeRADIUS already includes a dictionary for FreeSWITCH VSAs ( you may need to uncomment it to have it loaded into FreeRADIUS ).
I cannot find any reference to Freeswitch in the freeradius integrated dictionaries (in the share folder). Can you pinpoint the directory that a dictionary.freeswitch (or other FS related dictionary) resides?
    4) The radius attributes included in the current requests are
    a) hard-coded, b) limited in number. I think many of us would like to
    use more attributes. Or even better define what to include (and
    what to
    put in them) using a
    config file (the same maybe?)

This has been proposed. There isn't yet a mechanism, though the intent is to use a general purpose FS VSA for this. The code needs to be added to the mod_radius_cdr module to allow that to be a run_time configuration option.
A general purpose VSA that holds only one value or many? Or a mix (array like)?
    5) Does the module send accounting packets only for the a-leg
    of a call or for both legs? (Maybe that could be configurable too).

    If anyone is interested in the above questions/remarks please post
    a reply. I would really like to know how many of the mailing list
    users
    are also interested in FS radius support and your opinions on the
    matter.

Again, patches are welcome.  :)

-Chris