Brian West <br...@freeswitch.org> wrote:

> but You'll have to do it all by hand its better off to strip down the
> config once you understand how FreeSWITCH works.

Correct. The introduction on the wiki gives a helpful overview of the
structure of the default configuration files - start with freeswitch.xml and
follow the inclusions.

Since the default configuration was similar in many respect to what I needed,
it was quicker to modify it than to write a completely new set of
configuration files. However, your needs may be different, and there are
circumstances in which writing your own files from scratch would be the best
solution.