Dear all,

 I am learning how to implement a IVR in Freeswitch.In our organization we
are using Perl scripting language for doing this.So In freeswitch also I
need to use Perl.

 So far I heard two methods for executing IVR.
        One is in dial plan using perl application.( In perl I create IVR
menu and play the voice files)
        Another one is using event socket.In dial plan I specified socket
application and write a Perl script which is listening that particular port
and get the session Id.

Have I understood correctly?.If it is correct means tell which method can I
use?. Other make me understand well.

I have seen downloaded perl IVR menu from freeswitch site.In that they
called some internal functions like playandGetDigits,StreamFile,ready
...etc.

These functions is been called by using $session variable.Where these
functions are defined.?

--
Regards,
Thangappan.M