ODBC isnt as bad as its used to be. We use it with postgresql every day and are very happy with it.

Mathieu Rene
Avant-Garde Solutions Inc
Office: + 1 (514) 664-1044 x100
Cell: +1 (514) 664-1044 x200
mr...@avgs.ca

On 4-Dec-09, at 1:40 AM, Jon Bruel wrote:

Anthony, you advised me to use MySQL as the core database in order to access it from Lua. I’m testing that as a work-around.

Still, I guess that your choice of SQLite as the default core database have been taken from efficiency or stability considerations. Using MySQL through an ODBC-connector does not sound as a clean solution. Have you any experience about “how bad” it is to use the ODBC MySQL combination in terms of stability, memory leaks and efficiency?

Regards

Jon Brüel
Consiglia Telecommunications
DK-2960 Rungsted Kyst