From: Facility 406 <facility_...@bruteforcedevelopment.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2023 8:42 PM
To: freetel-codec2@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Freetel-codec2] Trying to straighten something out...

Around 2000, or 2001, some time after AOR came out with their voice modems for
$$$$, I was looking up digital voice, vocoders, et cetera.

I came across, I think, this forum, but it's called Freetel, and I recall
FreeDV, and a company, in Australia, I think, that had hardware digital voice
modems for about $200 (I didn't have the money for two at the time), then
there's some new PC based digital voice, and a fellow this afternoon was
talking about, either FreeDV, DV3, DVFree, DV, he wasn't too sure, actually...

It's all very confusing, and I haven't been able to keep track over the years.

He also mentioned some sort of presentation at Pacificon, with a couple of low
power HF rigs connected to each other to demonstrate the digital voice system.

Are these the same, just evolution of the same system, all different, or what?

Kurt