I support reference C code

For a developer who needs to implement an algorthm on their platform, the reference C code (RCC) provides ability to numerically  test bench their platform code (essential) , and provides a well broken down algorithm method in the form of C code (essential) .

In my opinion, an implementation developer does not need to understand how and why , just what has to be done.

I'm starting to implement Codec2 on a RISC-V soft micro on an FPGA with custom instructions. I started with the RCC, and identify regions that I can generate FPGA acceleration in the fabric , and I test bench it against vectors produced by the RCC.

(While I have a general interest in the inner  workings)   - I don't need understand David's excellent Codec2 math inclusive documentation, I just need to implement my numerically accurate version of the RCC

-glen VK1XX