so if I understand correctly, this is a monochrome-only (not anti-aliased)
rasterizer that probably doesn't handle the subtle drop-out control rules we
need for fonts.

I'm still interested to see how this works though. Anyone has the source
code ?, I feel reluctant to download and unpack a 80 MB tarball just to see
this.

- David