Thanks you werner, I did read the second set of patches, and my comments
still stand.

Another major issue that I have with the code is that it is very error-prone
and very cumbersome
to have these 1000 macros for declaring and defining classes. I would really
prefer if we could
use a simpler scheme that, gasps, relies on the C pre-processor, but at
least would make our
life easy.

This is difficult to explain this without a real example, I'll try to cook
one up and post it there
shortly.