In order to draw my text, I currently make calls to:

FT_Get_Char_IndexFT_Load_GlyphFT_Render_Glyph
and then I store the bitmap of each ascii character to memory, so that once I
actually render the character, I can simply call on the stored bitmap.
The problem is that the character spacing is not correct. It looks like I need
to use FT_Get_Kerning to correct this, however from the examples I've seen, it
looks like I need to call this before FT_Load_Glyph, i.e. at the time when I am
storing each of my characters. However, I have no idea what strings will be
rendered, until runtime, so I don't know the 'left_glyph' and 'right_glyph'
parameters in FT_Get_Kerning beforehand. Is there a way to make use of
FT_Get_Kerning while drawing my bitmap (after I've already loaded the glyph and
retrieved its bitmap), in order to achieve proper character spacing at runtime?
Thank-you