On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Werner LEMBERG <w...@gnu.org> wrote:
> It's probably a good idea to fix Rx also.  What about this:
>
>  old:
>       Rx = ( ras.precision * Dx ) % Dy;
>
>  new:
>       Rx = ( ( ras.precision % Dy ) * ( Dx % Dy ) ) % Dy;

Let's not rush with this and just say that your fix is incomplete for
now. I have a completely new ftgrays implementation without '%' that
works quite nicely. Who knows I may take a closer look at the ftraster
in the near future. Again to be honest, it is rather easy to just
split the long lines and avoid the very possibility of the overflow
and the need for 64-bit arithmetic going back to the original code of
2 years ago.