For the record, Rust can also produce object files with C interfaces.
Firefox is currently using this: you can, optionally, replace the MP4
parser with a Rust version, and this is done in Mozilla's official builds.

A caveat would be that Rust supports less platforms. Also, I think SIMD
intrinsics and inline asm are still limited to nightly Rust.