Hello Behdad, Jim,

*> I see that in your implementation you are converting cubics to quadratic
spline. That makes a lot of sense and I support that.*

Is it better to split the cubic bezier into quadratic one? why? Currently I
am using Newton-Raphson's iteration to find the
closest point on cubic curves, which is a bit slow but works well and
produces accurate results. (https://imgur.com/QSGCoIj)

*> I think we do want a 8bit representation at least, and possible a higher
one. *

Currently I am using 32bit floats, but since freetype doesn't use floats I
am
thinking of using 32bit 16.16 fixed point instead. The problem with 16.16
is that
most of the bits in the integer part will not be used because I am
normalizing the
values between [-1.0, 1.0] before outputting the data.
The whole fixed point thing is pretty new to me, so any suggestions will be
greatly
helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Anuj