Hi Werner,

*> This looks very unrealistic.  Do you redirect data sent to stderr to> an
output file?*

No, I haven't redirected the data sent to stderr to an output file, for
measuring time : (
I thought I have to use the time value which I got when data from stderr is
not sent to a .txt file
therefore I have analyzed the time value which I got when data from stderr
was not sent to a .txt file.
When I am redirecting stderr logs to a text file using:
`main arial.ttf *qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm* 2>sdterr_logs.txt`
I am getting the following results:
`FT_LOGGING`: 8 sec
`FT_DEBUG_LEVEL_TRACE`: 11 sec

*> Otherwise I guess the big difference between `FT_LOGGING` and>
`FT_DEBUG_LEVEL_TRACE` is due to file buffering.  In other words, data>
sent to `stderr` gets output line by line to the screen, which is> slow,
while data sent to the log file gets buffered completely, and it> is
written to the disk in asynchronously to avoid write delays.*

I guess this is only the reason for the difference between the time values
of `FT_LOGGING`
and `FT_DEBUG_LEVEL_TRACE`...

*> Maybe it makes sense to use C function `setvbuf` to exactly control> the
buffering mode of the output file descriptor.*

Ok, I will try this one out, but I guess using the `setvbuf()` in no
buffering mode for writing logs
to a file will give the same time value as time value produced when logs
are written to stderr line by line...

*> Could you test your program under a Unix-like OS (i.e., GNU/Linux,>
MacOS, other BSD variants), too?*

Ok, I will let you know once done.

Thanks,
Priyesh