I'm subscribed already and getting emails from the mailing list.

https://hastebin.com/share/gejakiluli.yaml
Here's the output of meson setup.
I did not set --prefix

I ran ldconfig with no arguments and it gave no output.  I also confirmed
that `usr/local/lib/` is mentioned in `/etc/ld.so.conf`.

After doing that, recloning the project, and recompiling, I got this
shorter list of linker errors:
https://hastebin.com/share/venelugome.bash

The first log had multiple sets of errors, but the second one has only one
set: the one under the heading "Linking target ftdiff"

What should I do next?