Brian J. Murrell wrote:
Problem is that I can't seem to use InputBox where I used to use
PopupBox to display that folder was password protected.  I get an
error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "src/main.py", line 604, in ?
    main_func()
  File "src/main.py", line 826, in main_func
  File "src/menu.py", line 492, in eventhandler
    action( menuw=self )
  File "src/mediamenu.py", line 441, in cwd
    skin.InputBox('Password Protected Folder')
AttributeError: Skin instance has no attribute 'InputBox'

So some hunting around suggests to me that when using the "main1"
skin, Popup box is defined skin_main1.py, not in the src/gui menu.

That is the old PopupBox, which isn't an actual object but simply get drawn to the screen.

So how do I take advantage of src/gui stuff?  My guess is that I need
to use a skin designed to use it.  Am I correct?  How do I go about
doing that?  Which skin(s) use the stuff in src/gui?

Untill recently you could use the objects in src/gui regardless of what skin you had. Dischi is working on a new skin which provides some information about the skin configuration to the src/gui objects. These objects now make a call to the skin to configure the look & feel, therefore they will only work with the new skin. The sin in progress is skins/dischi1/skin_dischi1.py.

For examples of some of the gui code I have a modified audioitem.py which demontrates an object when play() is called. To see this go into WIP/RobShortt and make uitest. This will copy over your existing audioitem.py. Then just go 'play' an mp3 to get a popup. You may edit the audioitem.py and comment/uncomment lines in the play function to see some of the new objects in action.

-Rob