Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> But if we do the thing like I said, we almost have a HTML render. I
> mean render, not parser. However you could make a parser that translate
> the data to the render's format.
>
> Also, if we have kind of HTML parser/render. The INFO area could be an
> external .html, so people could also use it in their browser.

No, the <if> and <get> are not part of html. The big question is: is
we need. All the other stuff is nice, but I don't think someone will
use it. And when I want to display the fxd info as html, I will make a
complete new layout because FreevoSDL-Surfaces are different than
browsers.

>> Just stick to two cols, that should be enough (like Title:
>> blah). Right now if there is a tab (\t) align it, if there is no tab,
>> use the whole width for this line. I need that to write the long plot
>> info for movies and write the smaller ons in table style. And it
>> doesn't matter if you can't break the line if the second part is too
>> long.
>
> I'll try to implement that using n-cols and some things like an HTML
> table: cellpadding, cellspacing, widht=<interger>|<percentage>,
> height=...
>
> However, if that's too difficult, I'll follow your adivice :)

Try it, maybe it's working. But don't spend too much time in it

>> > But I'll do that
>>
>> Cool. Feel free to change it inside dischi1.
>
> Ok. But give me some points on where to change and about your new draw
> functions (as you said, they don't draw anything directly, only a dummy
> draw and later it draws on the screen)

Use self.draw_text and self.draw_rectangle (or something like that,
look at view_area for the correct names). These functions won't draw,
but they are all you need. Always to a _complete_ redraw in
update_content or the skin will think that the area of the text you
don't redraw has to be cleared. This skin itself takes care that only
changed parts will be really redrawn.

> Also, would be interesting if I could render the tables to a surface
> and we could use that surface later.

Later. Right now you can't use layers in the skin drawing functions.

> I'm planning a Email reader as soon as I have a basic HTML
> render.

HTML mail? Let's look in my signature file .... ah, here it is:

| "The PROPER way to handle HTML postings is to cancel the article,
|  then hire a hitman to kill the poster, his wife and kids, and fuck
|  his dog and smash his computer into little bits.
|  Anything more is just extremism." - Paul Tomblin

Maybe it would be easier to use "w3m -dump" to dump HTML mails to text
and display them.

> For things like that: a static text, we should render the
> whole thing to a surface and just get part of it to blit on the
> screen, like a side-scrolling game.

You can only do that if you don't have transparent background.

It's a little known fact that the Dark Ages were caused by unresolved
Y1K issues.