Aubin Paul wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 08:10:54PM +0200, Dirk Meyer wrote:
>> > * The menus seem much less responsive then the older skins
>>
>> What do you mean? They should look like the old skin only without
>> submenu. Or is something missing?
>
> I mean that the delay between hitting a remote button and the menu on
> the screen being affected seems very long. I can't explain it
> technically, but in general, the menu just moves slower.

Everywhere or only in the tv guide?

> The progdesc variable (which contains the show description, and the
> sub_title) are not being show in the info box.

I show desc, there is no progdesc in TVProgramm. I just added
sub_title, should be visible now.

>> > My biggest issue, is that I'm seeing spikes of 65-70% CPU usage when
>> > using the normal menus in the new skin; before, I would get around
>> > 10-15% which is really weird to me, since I know we're doing selective
>> > updates of the screen now.
>>
>> But do you thing it is faster now?
>
> Not really; like I said, I don't know why, but it seems to be much
> slower.

I can't see that, but maybe my computer is too fast. To get the
feature that we only redraw the changed part, I have to make some
calculations what part has changed. Maybe there is the speed problem.

I love my work, I could sit and watch it all day long.