Aubin Paul wrote:
You probably want to do that with your new server code though, right?
This is more a stopgap for the current flat file thing... I assume
your recording server will abstract all this stuff so it can be used
through the various interfaces.

Exactly, record_client.py is intended to do just that.

I have just updated some of the popups and made changes to tv.py and tvguide.py and committed them on a branch tag for further testing and development. If anyone would like to try them just cvs update, then:

cvs update -r new_record src/tv/tv.py src/tv/tvguide.py

If you don't have the record_server running you won't get a whole lot of information but I am working on error handling here and trying to provide as much info to the user without accessing it.

There are some remaining issues with these pops (and UI in general) that I will also be working on. One of these is to make PopupBox (and therefore its derivatives) the ability to dynamicly resize (height) based on its contents. I have already the way to do this, just not the time yet.

There are some more piculiarities with the UI here that I am aware of, such as the number of menus can pile up if you try to go in circles, and also I wish to dynamicly assign the height of the ListBox's in the search, view favorites, and view scheduled recordings screens. Also the edit favorite screen takes WAY too long to render and destroy and also the option boxes get drawn _under_ any widgets that come after them. On, and on... :)

One other idea I had, is it possible to use Twisted to stream mp3s? People who want to schedule recordings from work, might also want to access their music collection, so we could add shoutcast or something to the web interface.

Yes, that would be nice. You could do that for your recordings too. I know Mike Ruelle was looking into this before the webserver plugin when we were using cgi's. I think he was thinking about picking it back up again but I'm not sure. Mike? :)

-Rob