Rich C wrote:
At the moment, my WIP plugin is living in:
/usr/local/freevo/src/plugins

I am running it by just running
./freevo (and i've modified the blue1_big.fxd skin to
include it as another main menu selection)

Are you using CVS? Instead of modifying the skin file you can have it as a main menu plugin, and activate it in your local_conf.py. Also, since doing that might just be extra learning curve (you don't have to learn everything at once!) you can also have a file called local_skin.fxd. In that file you can override anything in the skin fxd file so you don't have to worry about changes happening in CVS messing with your stuff.

My code is found okay and runs, it's just that when it imports another module such as "import audiodiskitem.py" the log shows that it could not find audiodiskitem.py (which is in src/audio/audiodiskitem.py) , thus I have been having to just copy this file (and all it's dependencies) into /src/plugins where my own module resides.

Okay, ./src is in your PYTHONPATH but ./src/audio is not... can you try:

import audio.audiodiskitem

From looking at the main 'freevo' file, it exports
PYTHONPATH=./src   when freevo is being
compiled/installed.  Thus I copied my files from the
install directory I'm working out of to where I have
the freevo source from CVS and recompiled/installed
but that didn't seem to help either.

Current CVS's freevo script has just one PYTHONPATH setting, near the top now:

export PYTHONPATH=./src:./src/www:./src/tv

Confirming that ./src/audio is not there. The above import statement should work for you.

FYI, i'm trying to write a filemanager type plugin to
rip CDs to the hard drive, and burn MP3s onto CD. If
someone is already doing this, I'll probably carry on
with it anyhow just so I can learn Python and the
inner workings of Freevo better.

Excelent! I know Gustavo was talking about making something like that in the future, but I know he is pretty busy and I'm sure we would all appreciate someone working on something like this.

Thanks,
-Rob

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.net email is sponsored by: eBay Get office equipment for less on eBay! http://adfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/711-11697-6916-5 _______________________________________________ Freevo-devel mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freevo-devel