Paul, for .mp3s I see that Lame can tag with ID3V2,
I'm assuming this is the same functionality that the
id3v2.py module has.?  If so, it's probably easier for
me to just add the tagging into the Lame commandline
that i execute.

My module is now almost useable, but I've got to clean
up some of the menuing and plugin stuff I'm doing
since it was just kind of copied from another module
and kludged in and I'm not exactly sure how the whole
menuing/plugin-in features of freevo work  yet.

 Also, i need to figure out how to select among the CD
drives if there is more than one on the PC -at the
moment I just hardcoded selecting the one thats in my
computer (.config.REMOVABLE_MEDIA[1]).  If anyone has
any advice on the above I'd appreciate it.

Lastly, I also need to figure out how to show some
sort of status bar to show the ripping progress.
cdparanoia and lame report a text progress bar/%done,
I can probably parse that somehow to drive a status
bar within Freevo.

Cheers,
Rich