On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 12:09:32PM +0200, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> Right now you have to build all files inside the directory to get this
> information. For mp3s, this takes a lot of time. But when we integrate
> mmpython, we could check if this dir is cached by mmpython and than we
> can get number of files, album and artist (based on the informations
> from the files inside) [1], total time, etc.

Couldn't we just add up the information from the audioitem cache?

> Footnotes:
> [1]  I don't like the cover search to be usable on items, it should be
>      an itemmenu for the upper directory.

I think both places makes sense. The thing is, if you have single mp3
files with tags, you may want covers for those, but also for
directories. As it stands, the directory name may not be enough.

In my case I have

Artist/Album
        Album
        Album
Artist/Album
        Album
etc.

Which is a pretty common way or sorting and the album name alone may
give a zillion results.

Aubin