Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> I vote for something different:
>
> src/* -> <prefix>/lib/python<version>/site-packages/freevo

Yes, I thought about that. That's the reason why I want to clean this
up. As you said, it should still be possible to run freevo from a
directory conatining everything. To make both possible, I want to move
all python files to src so that it is easier to find (src or the
python site-package path).

> skins/main1 -> <prefix>/share/freevo/skins/main1

That's no share, that's code!

> skins/icons -> <prefix>/share/icons/freevo
> skins/images -> <prefix>/share/pixmaps/freevo (or in icons)
> skins/xml/type1 -> <prefix>/share/freevo/skins/main1/xml (since those
> xml should be specific to that skin code)
> skin/fonts -> <prefix>/share/fonts/freevo (or just share/fonts)

Better install everything from our share (if we rename skins to share)
to $prefix/share/freevo. Again, it's easier if we install everything
from one directory of our tree into one directory in prefix. It's much
easier to find things when we support directory-based and installed
versions of freevo.

> helpers/ -> <prefix>/share/freevo/helpers

Like main1, it's code.

> I think we should get ride, by now, of nonsense things, like:
> skins/xml/type1 (what that means?! There was never a type2) and put it
> in skins/main1/xml/

ACK. Maybe also rename main1. main2 will need type2, but's it's very
unlikely.

"Actors," said Granny, witheringly. "As if the world weren't full
of enough history without inventing more."
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters)