Does your distribution not provide it?

In any case, I imagine we'll use it for the next runtime, as it does
fix a lot of things, and there are speed improvements.

As an aside, they made it the default in Debian about 24 hours after
the release; there were some glitches, but it's working well now...
the only things I had to build myself were mmpython and pylirc.