On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 08:16:46AM -0700, Lars Eggert wrote:
> I saw those, and they're very likely different on FreeBSD. However, it
> looks like the python-2.3 port does not install cdrom.py. Looking at the
> python sources, the lib/plat-freebsd* directories do not have cdrom.py
> in them, either. That doesn't look too well.

Indeed; I had checked it too.

> >If there is a CDROM.py for FreeBSD, is should also have an ioctl for
> >eject; under linux it's an ioctl to '0x5309'
>
> If I can find one, I'll use it. Until now, I simply used "cdcontrol -f
> <device> eject" on FreeBSD where Linux uses "eject".

I imagine cdcontrol is probably a thin bit of code around a bunch of
ioctl calls, just like eject, so perhaps we could make one at some
point. In the meantime, though, we can fall back on cdcontrol if
platform = FreeBSD; do you know if it's the same for all the BSD's or
do they have different ioctl's?