Dischi,

Hmm. The version number has been reset. I hope it isn't going to confuse
people as the last RPM runtime version was 8.01?

Anyway, I need to rethink the whole RPM packaging with this new approach
of installing the runtime. Normally for RPM packages, the dependent
package (i.e., runtime) needs to be installed before the main package.
However, in this new scheme, it's the other way around.

>From my quick browsing of the CVS src/helpers/install.py script,
it appears that it's not possible to install the runtime if freevo
itself was installed using 'python setup.py install'. So either I would
have to prepare two versions of freevo (src only), one for system
installation and the other for use with the runtime (installed under
/usr/local/freevo), or else not provide one of the RPM packages; both are
not ideal situations.

T.C.
----
Wan Tat Chee (Lecturer)
School of Computer Science, Univ. of Science Malaysia,
11800 USM, Penang, Malaysia.      Rm.625 Ofc Ph: +604 653-3888 x 3617
NRG Lab Admin: +604 659-4757           Rm.601-E Ofc Ph: +604 653-4396
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]            Web: http://nrg.cs.usm.my/~tcwan
GPG Key : http://nrg.cs.usm.my/~tcwan/tcw_gpg-20030322.asc
F'print : DCF2 B9B2 FA4D 1208 AD59  14CA 9A8F F54D B2C4 63C7