Dirk Meyer wrote:

Would it make more sense to just adopt an existing lightweight window
manager and make Freevo work well with it? Or does that end up being
more work?

I guess that is the solution. I know that at least sawfish can create
a window without border. So we need to start Freevo _not_ in
fullscreen and without borders. X needs to be started at 800x600 to
make it look nice. Since sawfish isn't everywhere installed and it's
not that easy to configure, maybe fvwm2 can do this too and we could
ship Freevo with a fvwm2rc.

I think the best compromise would be to simply allow kb and mouse passthrough when a command is run.

That way you could run full screen applications just fine and if you
wanted more functionality (dialog windows and whatnot) you could run
freevo under a regular window manager.

-b