And here's version 0.5, it gets rid of the initial delay for getting the temperatures.

Richard van Paasen wrote:

Hi,

I've created a plugin for hddtemp that shows disk temperatures on the idlebar. I attached an installable tarball to this mail. The plugin has been tested by Jan Grewe: thanks -) . The plugin has been packaged for 1.4rc3 (and rc1,2?).

Let me know what you think about it.

Another issue to think about. New plugins are likely to come with new configurable items in local_config.py. How about creating a ./conf/ directory in freevo that stores seperate configuration files for different plugins? I find the local_config.py lengthy and somewhat confusing already. Freevo could scan the conf directory and load all settings in there...

- Richard.