--- Dirk Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> I just saw how ugly the variabled names in freevo_config.py are. It's
> hard to see a pattern, it's not clear which variable belongs to what
> part of Freevo.
>
> So I suggest the follwing renaming (will break most local_conf.py,
> but
> sorry):
>
> Global Freevo variables should start with the location they are used,
> like OSD, DIRECTORY, ROM_DRIVE, e.g. OSD_STARTFULLSCREEN,
> MENU_CONFIRM_SHUTDOWN, MIXER_CONTROL_ALL_AUDIO.
>
> After that, we have same stuff only for video, audio, etc. So they
> start start with VIDEO and than their context, like
> VIDEO_MPLAYER_SUFFIX, AUDIO_XINE_SUFFIX, etc.
>
> This will be a big and ugly change, so what do you think?

I agree with you and want to have some standardization to log messages
AND screen messages too, they're a real mess! You just notice when you
go and do some translation, looking at things like: "Couldn't open file
%s" and then "ERROR: Could not open file [%s]" (they're not real
messages, just as example!).

Later I'll send some policies to messages in freevo

Gustavo