> Torben Janssen wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am using freevo to browse some large directories. Since i'm
>> using a RC i am sometimes not sure if freevo is busy or if
>> the signal does not reach the receiver when i change directories. so
>> i'd like to see a infobox when freevo is working.
>> Maybe someone else likes it.
>>
>> please find attached a little patch for directory.py.
>
> I will think about it. Showing the popup everytime may not be that good,
> but for larger dirs it may be good. Maybe add the popup if there are
> more than X files? Or show a small icon in Freevo that it got the
> button?

I think it would be really useful. I have 5 or so harddrives that I store
media files on. These are usually spun down, so whenever I enter the Movie
section etc Freevo hangs until they spin up.

What I had in mind that might be simple would be to draw some small symbol
in the corner of the OSD whenever a screen update is upcoming. Maybe there
could be a separate process started that kicks in after 1 second or so
that draws a popup box unless the update has already taken place. Ideally
it would have a cancel option, but that would complicate stuff.

           / Krister