David Irvine wrote:

Hello

I'm writing a small kiosk browser plugin, i'm hitting a problem where
before I spawn the web browser i call pygame.event.set_grab(0) which I
understand should then free the mouse. However The mouse is still
locked. Here is the code sample:

popup_string=_("Starting Web Browser...") pop = PopupBox(text=popup_string) pop.show() pygame.event.set_grab(0) os.system('mozilla-firebird') pygame.event.set_grab(1) pop.destroy()

Any ideas?

What I have done in this situation is use the existing games plugin. I wrote a generic *.sh handler to open with bash, then I wrote simple shell scripts to exec each program. I use it mostly for games for my daughter, so being under the heading Games is ok.

in local_conf.py:

DIR_GAMES = [ ('Educational', '/var/media/games/educational',
        ('GENERIC', '/bin/sh', '', '', [ 'sh' ] )) ]

in /var/media/games/educational:

# cat Childsplay.sh
#! /bin/sh

exec childsplay

Maybe the games plugin should be simply extended to be a generic Applications plugin? That would eliminate the need to write your specific plugin.

-b

--
Purchase a toy for the kids at the Children's Hospital:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/registry/2W2ZGW4875AML/ref%3Dwl%5Fs%5F3/102-2350120-5629749

Read about it here: http://penny-arcade.com/