I quite like the weather function on mythtv, where it will show you the
current weather details, the forecast and the doppler map.

I've written a python module which fetches all that, basically just a
port of mythweather's main functions to python - but I'm having issues
integrating it into freevo.

I've had some success with having the plugin write to the screen itself,
but would like to make it skinable - but to do that I need to add another
special case to the python code that handles skins - it seems that
although its skinnable the support has to be there for the type of screen
- i.e. 'tv' 'player' 'menu' etc.
I can create enough to give me a blank screen by copying how 'player' is
set up, but as soon as I try to get it to read from the xml skin file I
get

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/freevo/main.py", line 342, in
  main_func
    app.eventhandler(event)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/freevo/menu.py", line 567, in
  eventhandler
    action( arg=arg, menuw=self )
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/freevo/plugins/weather.py", line
  37, in showWeather
    RadarMapGUI(self, self.menuw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/freevo/plugins/weather.py", line
  209, in __init__
    self.refresh()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/freevo/plugins/weather.py", line
  230, in refresh
    skin.draw(('radar_map', self.item))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/freevo/skins/main/main.py", line
  669, in draw
    a.draw(settings, object, style, type, self.force_redraw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/freevo/skins/main/area.py", line
  355, in draw
    self.draw_background()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/freevo/skins/main/area.py", line
  723, in draw_background
    for bg in self.layout.background:
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'background'

This seems to happen whether I have <background> tags or not.

I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong as I'm just stabbing in the dark
trying to figure this stuff out.

Thanks,
Crhis